When menopause side effects come to our mind, we think of those symptoms like hot flashes, night sweats and mood swing. These symptoms continue after menopause had passed and are considered minor but can become long term side effects at the same time. They can be as frustrating as they were at the beginning of menopause. Women may consult their health provider for various treatments for these minor side effects.
3 Minor Menopause Side Effects
Aside from the symptoms mentioned above, there are yet other side effects linked to menopause. Here are three of them:
- Skin Changes. The skin tissue in the genital area of a woman becomes thin and dry and the outer areas become itchy and irritated.
- Muscle Tone Changes. There is also a muscle tone change at the genital region after bladder control and is said to be the major cause of uncontrollable stress among women who have completed menopause.
- Libido Changes. Because of the drops of estrogen and progesterone, this lowers a woman’s sex drive. This is considered to be the most minor, yet serious, long term side effect of menopause.
One year after a woman’s last menstrual period – the time which accounts for the fact that she finally goes through menopause – she has the propensity to loosen up thinking that nothing can ever go wrong. She even stops having her hormone replacement therapy. This leads to many other complications anybody could ever think of.
3 Major Menopause Side Effects
What they don’t know is that it is at this point that they should be very watchful. Although those untimely symptoms which started during the perimenopause stage are only trifling, permanent offshoots may take place. This might be due to the drop of hormones in a woman’s body. The major long-term side effects that con come afterwards are a lot riskier to a woman’s health.
These are really dangerous, that’s why it is necessary to be aware of the treatments especially the natural ones like the soy isoflavones and black cohosh. These herbal supplements are capable of safeguarding women against the major side effects of menopause which are ailments and conditions that can cause death.
- Osteoporosis. This is the condition in which the body suffers from bone density loss. It affects more severely the hips, ribs, spine, and wrists. It is characterized by bones easily breaking because of frailty thus making the bones brittle. Although osteoporosis is common among elderly people, the significant decrease of hormones which is one of the factors of menopause can significantly develop the risk of osteoporosis.
Altering your lifestyle and taking in medicines may treat osteoporosis. An increase in the use of products made of soy so that you could obtain the isoflavones’ advantages can help treat osteoporosis. Black cohosh, another herbal supplement together with vitamins and mineral supplements are highly recommended also as one alternative menopause natural treatments.
- Heart Disease. Although this illness is due to different causes which include lifestyle, heart disease is also associated to loss of hormones during menopause. Sometimes, there are women who are not aware that they have heart disease, and the transformations take place during menopause can in fact cause a heart attack.
- Diabetes. Because hormones such as estrogen and progesterone affect insulin handling of the body, hormone changes during menopause have an effect on diabetes and can even lead to instability of blood sugar levels.
Natural menopause treatments such as isoflavones and black cohosh can both lessen the risk of heart disease and diabetes. It can reduce the droppings of hormone levels during menopause thus allowing you to solve your plight.
All the side effects previously mentioned can be very harmful to the body. So it is advisable to consult your doctor at the stage of menopause. You can also take necessary precautions by using some natural menopause remedies in the market today. You can use this review page as a reference to your search for a menopause product: top rated menopause treatments.